Children on the move: Building migration data capacities - Workshop report
Data gaps and inconsistences and incomparable indicators seriously impact the ability of countries and international organizations to effectively protect migrant and forcibly displaced children. This workshop sought to jumpstart the development of a global approach to improve data on children on the move. It also sought to launch a concerted and cooperative effort to meeting and sharing the minimum data required to understand the needs and ensuring the protection of migrant and forcibly displaced children. This report summarizing the discussions provides an overview of the challenges and includes the final recommendations to be worked on to improve data for children on the move:
- The mapping of data gaps and challenges
- Proposing indicator frameworks for migrant and displaced children
- The identification of measurement challenges and the articulation of solutions
- The development of a data-specific research agenda
- Sharing national experiences and best practices
- Strengthening capacities at all levels.